Eligibility & Funding Priorities
Review the following eligibility requirements to be sure that both your organization and your proposal meet the criteria for a grant from Impact100 Philadelphia. Consult the Grant FAQ section for more guidance.
Organizations eligible to apply for the Impact100 grant must be:
- Tax-exempt under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code, independent of a financial sponsor (local affiliates may apply under the 501(c)(3) of the national organization).
- Located in and serve residents of the counties of Bucks, Chester, Delaware, Montgomery or Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
- In possession of at least 3 full years (36 months) of independently prepared, audited, or reviewed financial statements.
- If the applicant is the local chapter of a national non profit, the applicant can provide evidence the funds are controlled locally, usually with a bank account in the name of the local entity.
- Not a recipient of an Impact100 Philadelphia $100,000 grant in the past three grant cycles.
Priority will be given to organizations that:
- Have annual operating budgets above $300,000 and below $3,000,000.
- Target under-served populations.
- Highlight unmet needs in the region.
- Are led by a staff and board that reflect the diversity of the populations they serve.
- Will have a high impact on beneficiaries or communities.
- Explain why receiving an operating grant from Impact100 at this juncture would have an especially significant impact for their organization.
- Plan to use Impact100’s grant for programs, services, necessary infrastructure, or other initiatives that support the organization’s core mission.
- Plan to expend funds within 24 months.
- Have a mission and programs or services that focus on one of these areas:
Arts and Culture:
Promote, develop, and enhance artistic expression and creative thinking through culturally diverse art or art education, utilizing varied media and art forms such as exhibitions and performances.
Teach, inform and educate individuals or groups, addressing equitable access to create or advance future opportunities for children or adults.
Improve, preserve and protect community public spaces or natural resources providing equitable access while promoting a just, safe, healthy and sustainable world.
Strengthen and enhance the lives of children, older adults and all families to achieve a better life with a healthy, secure future.
Health & Wellness:
Empower wellness as a way to strengthen and improve the mental and physical well-being of communities and people of all ages.
Grant funds may not be used for:
- Debt reduction, operating deficits, interim or bridge funding, or endowment funding.
- Individuals or private foundations.
- Activities that are religious or political in nature.
- Fund drives, annual appeals, fundraising events, or general capital campaigns.